Friday, February 10, 2012

Exclusive: One Direction’s Louis on the topic of love… He spoke to Girlfriend about his first kiss, missing his mum, and what makes a girl beautiful

What makes a girl beautiful?

“My type of girl is quite different to the one represented in ‘What Makes You Beautiful’, and Harry is quite similar to me. I like girls who are not overly confident, but are a little bit confident, and who are really chatty, have a good sense of humour, and someone who’s not afraid to take a little risk and be spontaneous.”

If you like a girl, are you confident enough to ask her out?

“Actually, do you know what? I am always the one to ask the girl out. Girls are always trying to play the hard-to-get game. I’m pretty used to that, so I’m always the one who has to ask the girl out. I get to know someone first before I jump into the deep end and ask them if they’d like to go on a date or whatever.”

What would you consider a bad date?

“I like the idea of someone having a sense of humour. The idea of me sitting there cracking jokes and the girl not laughing at them is quite daunting – that would be quite an intimidating date.”

How should a girl impress you?

“With a sense of humour! They don’t necessarily have to sit there cracking jokes, I just mean someone who you can tell likes to have a nice time and likes to have a laugh. I think it’s also good if someone doesn’t take themselves too seriously, because I don’t really take anything too seriously. I’m quite easygoing and like to play a little hard to get, which is interesting.”

Performing at Hammersmith Apollo. Pic: Filmmagic

What was your first kiss like?

“My very first proper kiss was in Year 6 at school, so I must have been like 10 or 11. Wow, that sounds so young, but I remember it quite clearly. I was walking home with this girl from school – she was like the hottest girl in primary school. She was really hot and she was coming around for tea, I think. We walked around the house and I ended up kissing her in my little sister’s [cubby] house, which was made of plastic. It was funny.”

When was the last time you cried?

“A little while ago, we were in the UK filming a documentary which is going to be based on our personal lives. While we were doing one-on-one interviews, I was talking about my mum and living at home and stuff, and then I really started to think about things. Now that I’ve moved away from home to London with Harry, it just made me sad thinking about when I would come in from school and drink tea with my mother. I nearly cried when that happened – I really think I may have dropped a tear.”

Have you visited Australia before?

“No, and I’m desperate to come. Ever since I was really young – I think I was about 12 – I watched a film called Kangaroo Jack, and it was one of my favourite childhood films; it was set in Australia. So ever since then I’ve really wanted to come.”

Any plans for 1D to come to Australia?

“You know what, I think there is quite a strong possibility.”

What would you like to say to your super-supportive, awesome Aussie fans?
“I just want to say thank you so much for supporting us and for taking the time to get to know us! Of course, we were on a UK talent show and you got to know us through Twitter and YouTube, so thank you so much for taking the time to get to know us. Keep supporting us and we’ll hopefully see you soon.”

Q. If we opened your fridge, what would we see? – Catie

“That’s a great question! Let’s see: milk, butter, all the standard things and, well, my sisters have been around and they made me this dessert, and that’s about it for my fridge. I need to go for a shop.”

Q. Would you ever date a fan? – Emelia
“Yeah, I don’t think who you should date should really be determined by if they’re a fan of the band or not. ”

Q. What’s the worst thing about fame? – Simone
“To be honest, everything is pretty amazing. I’m the kind of person who likes the attention, but I think the worst thing is being away from home for so long and not seeing your friends and family as often as you’d like.”

Q. If you could star in any TV show, what would it be? – Tess
“Home and Away [laughs]. Yeah, I think I’d be one of the River Boys.”

Q. What is one thing you can’t live without and why? – Sydnee

“My mum. I speak to her on the phone quite a lot; she’s like my best friend.”


Source